Don’t give your SPF a holiday!
Did you know that your skin is your largest organ?
We’re heading into winter pretty rapidly and this means that we’re seeing much less sunlight. We know it can be tempting to skip your SPF when it’s grey, windy or wet outside but we’re here to ask you to please keep it as part of your everyday routine.. Even throughout the darker months!
Unlike us, SPF doesn’t need a break during the winter. Its job is to protect you all year round, and to celebrate National Healthy Skin month this November, we’re here to tell you why.
Skincancer.org reports that around 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers are associated with exposure to UV rays. UV rays break through clouds and can penetrate glass too, meaning that even when the sun is hiding, your skin is not safe unless it’s protected. Using SPF helps to maintain healthy skin, minimise sun damage and slow or reduce signs of ageing.
National Healthy Skin Month is sponsored by the American Academy of Dermatology and using sun protection for your skin is a key piece of advice that dermatologists give to us all. Check out our SPF products here!
Search: 10 results found for "SPF*" – skinChemists UK
Want to know what else you can do to keep your skin healthy?
Here are our top tips:
- Drink plenty of water - the best way to hydrate on the outside, is to hydrate on the inside.
- Use skincare designed for your skin type
- Don’t touch! However tempting it is, try to avoid touching your face.
- Chill out. Stress can affect your skin dramatically, so if you’re feeling stressed, take time away to find your inner peace.
- Exfoliate regularly - once or twice a week, to help your skin shed dead cells and make way for healthy new ones.